As we approach Valentine’s Day, I want to unlock one of our 5 senses, TASTE. Here is my list of foods known to spark romance and surround your home with love. Some of the foods on this list might just surprise you!
1. Oysters- One of the best known aphrodisiacs, oysters are high in zinc and have a reputation for promoting love and fertility.
2. Strawberries-Also called, the romantic fruit, strawberries are naturally heart-shaped and red in hue. Packed with vitamin C, strawberries help keep your blood flowing :) the perfect jump start to your Valentine’s Day.
3. Chili Peppers-Heat up the night! Chili peppers stimulate endorphins (the brain’s feel good chemicals), which speed up the heart rate and make you sweat. Straight up Sexy!
4. Arugula-Yup! The lettuce. This tasty, spicy green is known to heat up your internal engine.
5. Avocados-Is it the sensuous shape or it’s rich flavor? Avocados are high in vitamin e which helps keep the spark alive and aids with maintaining energy.
6. Red Wine-This is a given. Valentine’s Day is not Valentine’s Day without red wine. The bright red color enhances the feelings of love and might loosen you up to truly explore your passions.
7.Vanilla-The erotic effects of vanilla have been the subject of numerous studies. The aroma not only lowers stress levels to get you in the romantic mood, but also evokes warmth, indulgence and euphoria.
8. Watermelon-Really? Really! A cold slice of watermelon has long been a Fourth of July holiday staple. But according to recent studies, the juicy fruit may be better suited for Valentine’s Day. That’s because scientists say watermelon has ingredients that deliver Viagra-like effects to the body’s blood vessels and may even increase libido.
9. Dark Chocolate-Proven to make you HAPPY! Chocolate also helps the brain produce feel-good serotonin. Be sure to indulge in the dark variety — it contains incredible amounts of antioxidants making it a smart sweet.
10. Chai Tea-Skip the after dinner coffee and order chai tea. Ginger, cloves and cinnamon which are the spices most commonly found in chai, help get the blood flowing! Enough said.
Enjoy the TASTE of Valentine’s Day!