It’s that season and love is in the air. I’ve been all wrapped up in the word LOVE as I just finished designing my latest trunk, you got it… LOVE. I did a lot of thinking of what really creates a loving home and the key ingredients to ignite the magic. Every time I create a new trunk, I absorb myself in the experience of the holiday or the season. I find myself relying on my 5 senses to truly capture the experience. I imagine what it would taste like? Whats sounds do I hear? What does it smell like? So, as we’re approaching Valentine’s Day I wanted to share 5 simple steps to help spark up the romance or make you hug your kids a little bit longer.
1. Music. Music. Music. It’s all about music! Set the mood. I’m not talking about only on the big V day, that’s a given. Come home from work this month and load up your favorite love songs and watch your home transform into a mellow and nurturing environment. Here’s one of my favorite love stations on Pandora to get you started.
2. Light a Candle. Candle burning is an ancient practice, almost everyone who lights a candle has an intention in mind. Whether it’s a little more heat in the bedroom or deeper connections with your friends, light your candle with the intention to bring more love into your home.
3. Get Cooking. The smell of food conjures up feelings of love. It might be your favorite recipe your mom cooked for you as a child, or maybe what you ate on your first date. Explore food this month, get creative! FYI: many foods are aphrodisiacs, just sayin’ :)
4. Appreciate. Stop and smell the roses. I thought about this step a lot as we often forget to appreciate the love that’s right in front of us everyday. Our daily lives are hectic, we simply need to stop and feel the love around us. I promise it’s there. It’s one of my own personal goals to appreciate more, so I decided to make it one of the steps for a loving home.
5. Give your Home a Hug. I know this might sound a little corny, but it works. If you love your home, it will love you back. It provides a safe and nurturing space for you and your family. A loving affirmation when you unlock your door sets the tone for the rest of your evening.
Spread the Love.