1. Make your Bed. Start off on the right foot, when you make your bed you’ll crave a little more organization in your life because you’ll appreciate how good it makes you feel. And if we feel good, we are happy. Don’t you just want to jump into that nicely made bed!
2. Fresh Cut Flowers-I love this photo, I think she looks so happy. Whether it’s cutting your own flowers in your backyard, going to farmer’s market or hitting your local grocery store, fresh cut flowers will make you smile. Their cheerfulness puts a spring in your step and lightens your home with fresh positive energy.
3. Choose Colors that Flatter YOU! I know this sounds a bit crazy, but for example, if you have bright red hair and you walk into an orange kitchen, I think you might clash a bit. Choose colors that flatter your best assets, make you shine, make you the king of your castle. I love green, I wear a lot of green as it goes with my green eyes and blonde hair, so I naturally find myself accenting my home with the calming color. Find your color in the rainbow and slide down to your pot of gold, then sit back and watch it brighten your mood.
4. Express Yourself- Art tells a story, I am not talking about the stock art you pick up in the store that half your block might have hanging on their walls, I am talking creativity. Art that crates a memory, a feeling when you were on vacation, a handmade piece from your kids, or a family symbol that keeps your tradition alive. What makes a home happy is putting YOU in it, so take a look around your home and ask yourself if your art tells your story. Here’s what I came home to the other day, my kids got a little crafty. Total Framer!
5. Let go of the Crap. Sorry, that’s a little harsh, but really so many people hold onto things that make them hold negative feelings. We feel this obligation to keep things just because they were given to us, don’t get me wrong, I am all for memories, but if you hate it, here’s what I am telling you, bless it and move it along. So I wanted to share this quote with you.
I am gonna let you in on a little secret I do daily. When I walk through my front door everyday, I say, “thank you.” I might not say it out loud, but I am thinking it! It’s a fun little game I play with myself to recharge my mind into HAPPY and to appreciate the support my home gives me everyday. It is as simple as that.