Last week I hosted my Happy Scent Event in order to collect research for my upcoming trunk, HAPPY HOME. This trunk is near and dear to my heart, so I had to call in my besties to give me some straight up honest advice. I teamed up with a fantastic Aromatherapist, Rand Hill Naturals to develop our signature scent, HAPPY. Now when you receive a trunk delivered to your home, you’ll take one sniff of the box and you’ll be sent into happy land, at least that’s what I am hoping for! It will also be included in the Happy Home Trunk, which will be released to the public in September and feature products that promote happiness in your home. I will also be releasing it as a stand alone product to aid in my mission to spread happiness on our planet.
Let me tell you,I have been having so much fun! Learning about essential oils has been so uplifting, invigorating and totally HAPPY. We put together 8 different samples and let the ladies go to town.
Here’s how it worked:
1. My sweet daughter and I prepped some fun appetizers to feed my guests, assorted cheeses and crackers with mixed veggies were on the menu, and of course WINE! I had to get them a bit tipsy to get their honest opinions :)
2. Next, I set up 8 different stations around my house, spread out so each scent had its own chance to shine.
3. Coffee Beans were at each station to cleanse the sniffer to allow for the full sensory experience.
4. I prepared a sheet that each guest received as they made their way around to each station. I asked them to be open and honest about each scent and to write down how it made them feel, if they liked it, what memories came to mind, or their overall experience. They had to pick their top 3 favorites, then narrow it down to the one that made them feel the most happy and explain why.
5. Lots of sniffing, spraying, thinking, rubbing on their body, getting into happy. It was so fun to watch.
6. Everyone was having so much fun, it was a great mix of socializing and truly getting into the spirit of happy.
7. Final hugs goodbye and many thank you’s for all the fabulous words of wisdom.
Now, ya’ll get to wait patiently until September when we unveil the scent that made us feel the most HAPPY. EKKK, I can’t wait!
Here’s a few fun quotes from the ladies regarding their favorite scent: