We are in the season of Graduation, it does not matter if it is college, high school or even preschool, it is always a special time to celebrate the achievements of hardworking individuals. This year I have two graduates, my daughter from junior high and my son from preschool. I am getting very familiar with graduation parties as last year my oldest son graduated from high school and my other daughter from junior high. So, I thought I’d share a few ideas to help make your graduation festivities a little more memorable.
1. My absolute favorite book! It does not matter what age you are, this book will be a tear to your eye.
2. A brilliant photo idea. Attach photos to balloons to create the story of the graduates journey to success.
3. Flowers are a necessity at any party. This is a simple and fun idea. Use a clear vase, I prefer the hobnail jars, but these work great too. Tie a chalkboard tag to the vase and label the graduating year.
4. Chalkboard banner. I use mine all the time. Write a special saying, I’ve used…We LOVE THE GRAD.
5. Diploma Cookies. Thank you Oh Sugar Events for this great idea. I also love the Cinnamon Honor Rolls. Getting creative with food.
6. Surprise the grad with breakfast in bed with the brunch trunk. Write special notes to the grad in chalk on the slate serving tray, loaded up with their favorite pastries. Fill the hobnail jars up with juice and maybe flowers in the white bucket. The chalkboard tags attach to just about anything and gives you the opportunity to leave them sweet little notes.
7. Who doesn’t love candy rings? What a a fun idea to load up candy rings in a big dish and label them “Class Rings”
8. Love this idea for a graduation party – You can then sit around a table and play Jenga, and each time you pull a memory out, you can have the guest explain the memory and why it is so meaningful.
9. We all know our kids are totally into Instagram. So why not be part of their world with this idea.
10. I am all about the photo booth. This is a playful way to get people to connect and create lasting memories. Fun props are a must!
Happy Graduation to all your loved ones! Make the most out of their special day.